Minecraft Forge is an API providing extra modding capabilities. These capabilities have been added to provide support for the different mods using the Forge. As of today, the forge contains. If you want to installed the Minecraft Forge API / compatibilty layers. You only need to do this once for all mods requiring it. Note that certain mod may include Minecraft Forge in their code, in which case you don’t have to install the forge, but it’s no harm to add it on top of the existing installation
How to Install [API] Minecraft Forge:
- Open your Minecraft launcher.
- Open the “Options” menu near the “login” button
- Use the link in the Options menu to open the .minecraft directory
- Navigate to the bin folder.
- Open minecraft.jar and the Forge version you downloaded with appropriate archive software. (i.e WinRAR, 7-Zip)
- Drag all contents from Forge into the minecraft.jar
- Delete the META-INF folder from the minecraft.jar
- Close both minecraft.jar and Forge download.
- Go back to the .minecraft directory.
For Windows users, you just have to run install.cmd. If you’re on linux, you need to copy files and apply patch manually for now, A install.sh for linux users too is on the way. This is a lot of changes, but, the big news about this update is that Mystcraft should now be able to release base clean versions, meaning it nolonger has to go in the jar!
Download [API] Minecraft Forge v7.8.0 For Minecraft 1.5.2
Universal: Download from Server 1.5.2
Source: minecraftforge-src 1.5.2
Download [API] Minecraft Forge v7.7.0 For Minecraft 1.5.1
Universal: Download from Server 1.5.1
Source: minecraftforge-src 1.5.1
Download [API] Minecraft Forge v7.7.0 For Minecraft 1.5
Universal: Download from Server 1.5
Source: minecraftforge-src 1.5
Download [API] Minecraft Forge V6.6.2 for Minecraft 1.4.7
Download [API] Minecraft Forge for Minecraft 1.4.6