ReactorCraft is a mod that adds realistic nuclear reactors – for now, only fission – to Minecraft. This mod depends on RotaryCraft – it cannot be installed without it.
Here are some of the ways in which realism is simulated:
- The physics is simulated in such a way as to reflect reality, including real values for energy creation per reaction
- The reactors (a large multiblock) have to be built in a way that reflects real reactors, with strategic placement of fuel rods, control rods, and other reactor core components
- Realistic reactor behavior in the event of poor design, including possible meltdowns, hydrogen explosions, and radiation leakage
- Realistic (though obviously simplified) control systems to manipulate control rods, feed fuel, and the like
- The fuel is created realistically – including enrichment – and used realistically; users must manage things like spent fuel with spent fuel pools
How to install Minecraft ReactorCraft Mod:
- You need Minecraft Forge and DragonAPI
- Open your minecraft.jar file. This can be found here: C:\Users\(insert computer name here)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu. Once you have searched for “%appdata%,” you have to follow the same path as stated above. Open your minecraft.jar with Winrar by simply dragging the .jar into Winrar.
- Open the .zip/.rar/folder of your mod and drag and drop the contents into the minecraft.jar.
- Delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft.jar. Close minecraft.jar.
- Open Minecraft and play!
- If your mod doesn’t work properly or you get a black screen at the Minecraft startup: You need Delete your minecraft.jar found here “C:\Users\(insert computer name here)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin”. Then Open Minecraft, let it auto-update so your .jar can be restord. Attempt to re-install mod (If you want).
Download Minecraft ReactorCraft Mod: