NEI 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2 is a successor to both Too Many Items and Recipe Book. It arose around the same time as Craft Guide when Alexandria and a few others on the IRC suggested that I merge both Too Many Items and Recipe Book to remove their greatest flaws, ironically too many items, or in the case of recipe book, too many recipies. Too Many Items was great, but the one thing it lacked was an easy way to search and sort your items. When you had a mod like Red Power coming along with 10000 items both TMI and Recipe Book were racking up the pages. Even if you don’t want to use NEI for cheating in items, you will likely feel right at home with the Recipe component of the mod.
Now you’re probably thinking, I’ve seen TMI before, what a ripoff. What makes this one so much better? For a detailed explanation read on. A simple list is below.
- Recipe Mode (Crafting, Smelting, Brewing)
- Item Searching
- Item Subset Dropdown menu (Hiding\Showing)
- Complete SMP support if installed on server
- Enchantment Sector
- All types of Mob Spawners obtainable and place able.
- Magnetic Mode
- Heal Button
- Mob Spawners in SMP show the mob type
- Advanced configuration files
- In game Options Menu
- A few handling tweaks
- An Extended API supporting extended item damages, mod based sorting tags and custom recipes with ModLoader type loader
Whileis not required if it isn’t installed you won’t be able to see mobs in mobspawner items.
The process for installing NEI has changed. (For the easier AGAIN!).
- Install Modloader OR MinecraftForge lastest into the jar.
- Place the CodeChickenCore jar file into the coremods folder.
- Place the NEI jar file into the coremods folder.
- Place any modules’ zip files in the mods folder.