Minecraft Resource Packs — September 6, 2013, 11:04 AM -
How to install Resource Packs for Minecraft 1.6.2 and up:
- First Download a Resource pack in a ZIP file format, do not unzip. If you created your own textures, you need to ZIP them.
- Run Minecraft. If you already have Minecraft running, make sure you save and quit the world: you need to be in the main menu to continue (If you have Optifine, you can go to Options > Video Settings while in-game).
- Click Resource Packs button.
- Click Open Resource Pack Folder button; this will open the folder where Minecraft stores all Resource packs. If nothing happens, you need to find the folder manually. Depending on your operating system it is:
- Windows: %AppData%\.minecraft\Resourcepacks
- Linux: ~/.minecraft/Resourcepacks (This folder may be hidden in the Home Folder)
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/Resource packs (This folder may be hidden)
- Do not close Minecraft. Place the texture pack (ZIP file) in the opened folder, do not unzip.
- In a few seconds the Resource pack will appear in Minecraft. Select it (may take a few seconds for high-resolution packs), and click Done. The Resource pack is now applied, you may now load your world and see the difference.