LiteLoader is a lightweight mod bootstrap designed to provide very basic loader functionality for mods which don’t need to modify game mechanics. It is designed to run alongside ModLoader and Minecraft Forge and LiteLoader mods will not conflict with ModLoader or Forge mods.
As you’ve probably noticed, Minecraft 1.6 sees the introduction of a new Launcher from Mojang which is considerably more advanced than the old one. Amongst the improvements was the ability for an installed mod to inject itself into the game at load time as a Tweak. A Tweak basically gets free rein over the game startup process and can inject any code it likes into the game. LiteLoader uses this tweak functionality to load itself, and in turn load any mods that you have installed. This is great because it allows loaders to run without touching the minecraft jar at all!
However there’s a problem: the new launcher only allows one Tweak at a time to be specified, so if you want to run multiple Tweak classes at the same time, such as LiteLoader and Forge Mod Loader (FML), then you have a problem. How do we fix this?
The answer is with cascadedTweaks. This is a special command-line option sent to the game which the LiteLoader tweaker will recognise and will try to load the other Tweaks thus specified. In a nutshell, Minecraft loads the LiteLoader Tweak, and then the LiteLoader Tweak loads the other Tweaks! Simple!
The LiteLoader installer supports creating cascadedTweaks for well-known Tweaks such as FML, or you can add your own by editing the JSON file. I will add more Tweaks to the installer as they become available. If you know of an unsupported Tweak then let me know. To specify cascadedTweaks just check the relevant checkbox when installing LiteLoader.
How to install Liteloader for Minecraft:
For Minecraft 1.6.1 and up:
- Download the latest version of the LiteLoader.
- Close the Minecraft launcher if it is running
- Run the installer, if your minecraft installation is not automatically detected then select your .minecraft folder by clicking “…”
- If you wish to extract the loader jar, choose extract
- Select any cascadedTweaks you wish to apply to the profile (hint: to change these at a later date simply run the installer again) such as cascading to Minecraft Forge.
- Click OK to create the profile
- A message should indicate that the installation was successful
- Start the minecraft launcher and choose the “LiteLoader” profile.
For Minecraft 1.5.2 and below:
- Download the latest version of LiteLoader.
- For Windows follow the steps 3, 4 and 5 below. For Macintosh you can alternatively use Mac LiteLoader Patcher made by chattahippie.
- Open your minecraft .jar with WinRAR or 7-zip:
- Click Start -> Run (if you don’t see “Run” try holding down your “Windows” key and press the R key)
- Type %APPDATA% and click OK
- Open .minecraft and then bin
- Open minecraft.jar using WinRAR or 7-zip
- Delete the META-INF folder
- Drag all the files from the liteloader .zip into your minecraft jar
Download LiteLoader Mod for Minecraft:
LiteLoader Mod 1.7.10: For Windows.exe – Other platforms.jar